Monday, November 3, 2008

Good Weekend-Too Short!

So, Friday I went trick-or-treating (yes, I know I'm too old...) with my brother, Travis and his best friend, Matt. I was a Renaissance girl, Travis was "green with envy," and Matt was Jesus. I got my outfit at the Renaissance Festival when they were here this year, and I was definitely thrilled to have a chance to wear it. Travis dyed a long sleeve shirt and sweat pants green, pinned on the letters "N" and "V" made out of construction paper, and painted himself (hands/face/neck/hair) green. That was pretty awesome, and nobody actually figured it out without him telling them what he was. Matt had a wig and a beard to go with his costume, which made trick-or-treating funny, because he couldn't see. I'm surprised he didn't get hurt...speaking of that, I did get hurt. As we passed my dad and brother's house, we decided to ding-dong-ditch our dad, and apparently Travis was going to do it (since it was dark and he knew the yard layout better than Matt and I). However, due to a combination of impatience on my part and a lack of communication, I went up to do it instead. I almost made a smooth getaway, but ended up tripping over some rocks and I crashed and burned pretty bad. One of my knees is just a little scratched up with a small bruise, but the other one has a big scrape surrounded by a giant circular bruise. It didn't look too bad Friday night, but by Saturday it was very...colorful. Black, blue, purple, and green. And I had to dig out a little fuzzy from my skirt that got stuck in it. Oh, and on our way into town to rent scary movies (Shutter and House of Wax), we got pulled over. By a rude cop, who apparently thought we were all drunk, or had stolen Trav's car (it is an old person car, and we were driving it out from a country club). Who didn't tell us why he pulled us over, and I'm still beating myself up for not asking. Travis has a vanity license plate, though, and if you knew what it said, you'd think he was asking for it. Lol.

Sorry no pix...waiting to get those from Trav! I'll post them ASAP when they pop up in my e-mail.

No comments: