Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Double-Dose

Okay, so normally...I'd split this into two posts. But neither of my subjects can wait. Soooo, you get a special double-post!!!

To start, I'd like to wish my parents (mom and stepdad) a happy anniversary. I'm not sure if they read this, or know I have a blog, but (as of yesterday) they've been married 7 years now! It really doesn't seem that long...but they got married at Black Canyon Community Church on December 15th, 2001. I know this is a bit belated, but it's the thought that counts. (I'd include a picture, but I actually don't have any digital pix of them on the computer, only regular printed pictures at home.) Happy Anniversary!!!

Secondly: For the last week, an inanimate object has controlled nearly every spare moment I've had. Especially here at work. "WHY would she let something control her like that?!?," you ask? Well, it's because that object is a desk. And I love it dearly. And there's this little thing called a contest. And I want to WIN.



Not that I'm at all competitive, you know...*wink*, *wink*. To give you some idea of my dedication, I've even sacrificed my back and my backside to the cause. In the time I've worked here, I've probably stood on hundreds of desks (okay, maybe that's exaggerating a little...most likely more like forty or so) to decorate them, as a part of the birthday committee. They've never given me any sign of complaint about my standing on them, they seemed to not mind at all-I figured it was because they knew I was making them beautiful with decorations.



Anyway-this desk wasn't grateful to me at all. In decorating, several of us had already stood on it with no problem (possibly loosening it up for me), and as I stood on it Friday evening, it decided to collapse beneath me. It was just one small section of the desk (probably about 2' by 2'), so we were able to pull through and overcome this obstacle. But with the desk trying to sabotage our chances in this contest, I'm now even more motivated to win!!



So, if you could please go to the 2008 Holiday Office Decorating Contest hosted by azcentral.com, either register (if you haven't yet) or login (if you've already registered), and go down to the one titled "Krystina's Gingerbread House," and VOTE, I'd appreciate it! The voting's supposed to start today, I just went on there and it's not allowing me to yet, but it should soon. I'm not sure when the voting ends, but each person's able to vote once per day (and if you have more than one email, you're able to register under each one-giving you one vote per day, per email).



Krystina (whose desk we decorated) is giving $100 each to Childhelp and Crisis Nursery, two charitable organizations that help abused and neglected kids, if her desk wins (the prize is $500). Also if she wins, she's taking all of us (the helpers) out to dinner as a thanks. So by voting, you'd be helping me as well! (I like free dinners) So, if you have the time in your busy holiday schedule, please stop by there and vote each day. Thanks!