Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update

As of Tuesday afternoon, my Grandpa is in ICU. I don't know a whole lot other than that, except that we can't visit him at this point because it's too high of a risk for him to catch something, and he can't have that much excitement as he needs to rest as much as possible. Please keep praying, and thank you for your prayers.

Things are kind of haywire right now, as I'm worried about my Grandpa but we have a very good chance of getting a house right now, which makes me excited. And work is getting more stressful by the day, so my head is jumbled in a mix of emotions.

The house is great, Russell's a little apprehensive about the decor. You've heard of "That 70's Show?" Well, this is That 70's House...it was actually built in 1960, but has all of the original carpet and wallpaper. It has some bright orange carpet, and some very flowery wallpaper. My favorite part (as far as how entertaining this is) is the master bathroom, which has pink carpet (I hate pink, by the way-if we get it I'll be very impatient to get that out of there) (And um...carpet? In the bathroom??), the wallpaper is red and metallic gold vertical stripes, and the vanity/bath tile is pink. That's enough right there to sum up the rest of the house. That 70's Show is possibly my favorite TV show of all time, and I love retro stuff, but I think Russell might die of embarrassment if we kept any of it that way. Given, it will be a slow transition to our version of the way it should look, but we're definitely changing at least the floors (tile throughout the entire house) as soon as we can afford to. Anyways, that's the house and the inspection is this Monday. After that, we'll have a termite inspection (as opposed to a "regular" inspection), and then the VA appraisal (that's who we're getting the loan through), and if all is well, (fingers crossed) it'll be ours!

1 comment:

NanAZ said...

Well be praying for your grandpa. I hope things go well on the house and everything goes thru. Those retro colors can be fun if you have the right kind of "mid=century" decorating to go along with it. Well at least you have a good tile guy in the family. Maybe you can talk him into coming out here to do some work for you at a good rate.