Monday, October 27, 2008

Donuts!

Okay, so...you may not know this about me, but I have a problem with Krispy Kreme donuts. My problem is that when I start eating them, I can't stop.
Sadly for me, nearly every Krispy Kreme location in Arizona closed down a few years ago. According to Russell (don't ask me how he knows this), the owner of all the AZ franchise locations kept spending all his profits, rather than investing them into the business. This led to him becoming bankrupt, and thus closing all of those stores and torturing us poor Arizonans with an Armageddon-like catastrophe.
In June 2005 there was still one at Arizona Mills (my then-best-friend, brother, and I went there to celebrate my 18th birthday), but I believe that one closed down. I've heard there was one in Paradise Valley, but that's the same as saying it's on the moon, I can't really travel that far. So...I had accepted my fate, a life without Krispy Kreme. Sad, but true.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, I was waiting at a stoplight while on my way to the chiropractor, and I looked over and...lo and behold, a Krispy Kreme!!!!! I didn't have time to stop since I had to get to my appointment, but I'm telling you, that 40 minutes was absolute torture. Every ounce of my body wanted to go over there and buy a donut (the Krispy Kreme was on the opposite corner of the intersection from my chiropractor-walking distance!!!). I managed to live through it, but only by talking about it. I asked them at the chiropractor if it had always been there and found out that it had just opened the day before (Thank God-I hadn't missed it-I would've needed to have myself committed if that had happened), and it was one of three new locations in the valley. After my appointment, I went over and bought 1 1/2 dozen (I had my truck, not the scooter, at the time), and ate probably 7-8 of them on the way home. Oh, heavenly goodness!!!
Since then, I've bought more several times. And, of course, I allowed Russell to eat one or two of them. Cuz I'm a good wife and all.
Anyhow...thank the Lord for Krispy Kreme!!!!

2 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

sometimes grocery stores have them too.

NanAZ said...

I think they just opened a little drive thru one near PV mall. It's not far from our house when you come out here.