Monday, October 27, 2008

Oye

I'm not quite sure how Russell's cousin, Amy, posts every day. I post every couple of weeks or so (sometimes more often), and yet when I do post I can't think of a single thing to write about. Sooo...the latest with us:

-We bought a truck! Yea, we rock. Or, it rocks. Whatever. It's a 1972 Chevy Custom 10 (A.K.A. "C10"), it's green, and it's beautiful...oh, and the engine's in good shape too, according to Russell (I wouldn't have any idea if there was something wrong with it):

We're now planning on selling our old truck, so if anyone's interested, let me know!

-Halloween is coming :) I'm wearing Renaissance-era clothes to work and probably that night as well. Russell has a meeting and won't be dressing up at all...sadly, he's not really into that kind of thing. I'll probably be heading up to Prescott Valley to go trick-or-treating with Travis and his best friend. Yay! Haha, you're never too old to trick-or-treat, especially if it's in an area where not a lot of little children live (less children=more candy for us, lol)!

-I've been cooking/baking more lately. I enjoy it, when I have the energy. I made cinnamon-raisin bread yesterday afternoon...from scratch...without using the breadmaker...I AMAZE MYSELF. It came out awesome, I'm extremely proud. I should've taken a picture, so I could post it.

-Friday afternoon/night, Krystina and I hung out. First, we went to Metrocenter to go to Hot Topic, as I've been trying to find a larger corset (for my Halloween outfit, as the one I have is very small-it fits, but not well). I didn't find a corset, but I did find a skirt, a pair of shoes, and a pair of bracelets! Shame on me for thinking I could go into Hot Topic and only buy one thing (the corset, which I didn't end up buying, of course). Then we grabbed something to eat in the food court and rushed off to get our hair done (dyed/cut). Mine's a lovely red, and Krystina got black...we left the hair place at about 9pm and were both ready to fall asleep, haha. That was the end of our night, needless to say.

-It's been colder lately in the mornings (yes, as in low-to-mid-60s...cold!!), and although it's not that bad to be out in, riding the scooter and having that cold air blowing at me on my way to work definitely makes me chilly. My morning commute outfit now includes: work clothes, of course-consisting of a short-sleeve blouse, slacks, and my lovely shoes; a thick hoodie; Russell's camo jacket from the Army (warmer than it looks!); a gator-neck (stretchy ring of material that acts as a giant collar around my neck to keep it warm); leather gloves; and my helmet (duh). It takes forever to put it on and forever to take it all off, but it is definitely worth it!

-Wedding planning is going nowhere. I feel like if I actually knew what I wanted, it would help.

-Russell and I looked at four houses that we wanted to check out-but then realized our realtor is on vacation until this Wednesday. That stinks.

-I've noticed Phx drivers being more aggressive lately-why?!? The weather's getting cooler, they should be happy!

-Speaking of driving, a woman here at work calls me "Scooter".

-And last but not least, a video...Courtesy of Amy (I wasn't able to watch this until the other day, but even this late in the game, it still rings true):

1 comment:

NanAZ said...

Congratulations on the truck!

I really liked that video too. It was quite motivating